Briggs Announces Alzheimer's Research UK as New Charity of the Year
13 July, 2018 by Kathryn Hyde
Having raised £60,000 for Newlife The Charity for Disabled Children in 2017/18, Briggs Equipment UK have just launched their new charity partnership with Alzheimer’s Research UK. The partnership will last 12 months and the fundraising goal for staff is £20,000.
Money raised throughout the year will be used to help fund life-changing dementia research. Dementia is the leading cause of death in the UK, yet there are no treatments to slow, stop or prevent the diseases, like Alzheimer’s, that cause the condition – but research can change this.
Alzheimer's Research UK is the UK’s largest dementia research charity dedicated to causes, diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure.
The charity is tackling dementia on three fronts. They are:
- Confronting public misunderstanding with powerful awareness campaigns like #ShareTheOrange .
- Bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress.
- Investing in the most cutting-edge research to find a cure.
The charity’s mission is to bring about the first life-changing dementia treatment by 2025 and they’re doing this through four clear goals driven by passionate scientists, supporters and Corporate Partners.
- Understand: To fund world-class researchers to unravel the science behind the complex diseases that cause dementia.
- Diagnose: To work at the forefront of technology to ensure an accurate diagnosis for everyone at a time that’s right for them.
- Reduce risk: To accelerate the science of dementia risk and empower people to make informed decisions about how they live their lives.
- Treat: To build on 100 years of scientific discoveries to translate breakthroughs in the lab into life-changing treatments.
With Briggs’ support, Alzheimer's Research UK will be able to achieve its vision of a world free from the fear, harm and heartbreak of dementia and transform the lives of everyone impacted by the condition.
Katy Abraham, Corporate Partnerships Officer at Alzheimer's Research UK, said:
“We’re delighted to have the support of Briggs over the next year. As staff voted for Alzheimer's Research UK to become their next charity partner, it highlights what an important cause this is within the organisation - and with one in three people today knowing a loved one living with dementia, it’s no surprise. Over the next year, we’ll work with Briggs to raise vital funds for dementia research, while also raising awareness of dementia, so we can find a desperately needed cure for this condition. It’s going to be an exciting partnership and we can’t wait to get started!”
Visit Alzheimer's Research UK’s website for more information about dementia and the charity.
To keep up with the fundraising activities undertaken by staff at Briggs over the next 12 months, visit their blog at www.lifttrucknews.net/