Our environmental commitment
At Briggs, we recognise our responsibility as a large organisation to help protect and preserve the environment. We have always acted in a responsible fashion with regards to sustainability, however we know that more needs to be done. This is why we’re pushing forward with a comprehensive programme of activity that demonstrates our clear commitment towards sustainable working and creating a greener future for everyone to enjoy.
Our environmental commitment includes these clear objectives:
- For each truck we sell, we will plant a tree to help offset the carbon impact
- We will phase out all petrol and diesel vehicles from our company car fleet in favour of electric and hybrid vehicles
- The installation of electric charging stations throughout Briggs locations
- Ongoing work with our manufacturing partners to investigate and promote the latest green technology and products
- The introduction of solar and wind power energy generation at our locations
- Inclusion of this environmental commitment in our business strategy
- Maintaining and developing our status as a Carbon Neutral business
- Ongoing development of our infrastructure platforms to support this sustainability commitment
Everyone at Briggs recognises that there isn’t a quick fix to the environmental challenges that we all face, which is why this activity must be a long-term commitment that continues to evolve. We are determined to introduce a greener way of working to our industry and we hope that this strategy can be the start of a wider movement that innovates and improves the collective response to these challenges. We are extremely proud to be certified as a Carbon Neutral business and we will strive to reduce our environmental impact whilst ensuring that we keep business moving.
Find out more about our environmental commitment: